Thursday, March 5, 2009

still shining in 2009

Marian's "new birthday", her 1-year bone marrow transplant anniversary, is fast approaching. The big day is April 23rd, appropriately squeezed right between Earth Day and Arbor Day this year. If you're in the area (or flying in, thank you Paul & Christine!) on Friday the 24th, we're planning a big everyone-invited party in our backyard. Watch here for details. All we know so far is that there will be cotton candy and a smash-the-bad-old-white-cells pinata.

Since we've had several requests, I am going to do one last superstar tee order this month. These will be special edition tees, with an additional Marian-scripted phrase underneath the classic graphic: "still shining in 2009".

This is not a fundraiser; I just want to offer them at cost, $6. If you want me to mail you yours, please add $2 more per tee. E-mail orders & send Paypal payments (easiest) to three_goats@yahoo.com. I'll also happily accept checks or $ from the locals, and will send my mailing address to anyone else who prefers that method. Saves the paypal charge.

Order deadline is March 20th, so I can have them ordered & distributed in time for the first anniversary. If you're a first-timer, we still recommend the classic light blue, Marian's favorite color, but if you're ready to branch out, other colors are available. Heaven knows we have the whole rainbow at our house.

We're using Gildan tees, the same sort that we printed most of Marian's other superstar tees on. They run pretty true-to-size, with the women's no slimmer than the men's, but with narrower neck ribbing & shorter sleeves. The youth tees are boxier, like the men's.

Standard size choices are:
Men's S-3XL, Ladies' XS-2XL, Youth XS(2/4), S(6/8), M(10/12), L(14/16) XL(18/20).

Here's the link to the website I use, if you want to look more closely at color choices:
http://www.wearables4you.com/menupage_subsub.cfm?cid=1&mid=25&mill=Gildan%C2%AE
We'll be ordering the first three tee styles listed on the above page.

Feeling complicated? I'm feeling cooperative! You can get fancier tees (more stylized cuts, Bella or American Apparel +) for approximately $2 more. Peruse the website of the company I like to work with (acme prints) if you want to search out details, and just let me know. The t-shirt Marian is wearing is a Bella® Girl 1x1 Baby Rib Knit Short Sleeve Crew Neck Tee - 9001 in fuschia, for example. If you order something unusual, I'll let you know the exact $ when I receive my invoice from the company before they print.

2 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Look at that gorgeous hair!!!!!!!!!

That year sure flew by. Whew.

Miss Jan

Christine Frandsen said...

I can't WAIT to come visit!!!
We will have to get some new superstar shirts for the occasion

(I wear my long sleeve blue to lacrosse practice ALL the time- keeps me warm enough but not too hot!)

And by the way.. the pinata idea made me literally laugh out loud. :) I can't wait to smash some bad blood.