Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm a doctor


When I grow up, I want to be a doctor because I like doctors and they're cool and I like them so much. And the doctors do blood tests with me a lot. They do blood tests on me. That's why I wanted to play doctor with my dad. I like playing with my dad. I love doctors so much because they help me and when I get a blood test my mom squeeze my hand or one of the helpers. The end. [mom note: Marian's technique at blood tests is excellent: she's found a "tourniquet" (a strap off of some old swim goggles) and ties that around her patient's arm before drawing blood, tapping around the inner arm for a good vein. She counts down to the "quick pinch", and holds a square of gauze on the site until bleeding stops. So gentle and kind. Looks right into your eyes...and look at that sterile technique! Even a mask!]

3 comments:

*Abby* said...

Marian... I think you would make a wonderful doctor! And I think you are too cute for words!

Jeff Zentner said...

look what a good doctor!!!!!

jeff and sara

Devo said...

Marian- I wanna be a doctor too when I grow up. When you come by this summer, I'll show you all of my cool doctor tools! Sweet cheetah...