Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My first transplant day

(Marian deciding between her favorite stitchette in each seasonal group while working on a special picture for her sister celebrating their donor day.)
A big yellow poster boasting those words is on Marian's door right now. She made it in art therapy with the lovely Jen yesterday. Audrey's harvest got bumped to 1 pm, so our sweet little cells haven't yet been delivered (since the girls are different blood types, A's red blood cells have to be washed out), but we expect them around 10 pm. Audrey was a trooper, and the girls so darling in their love and dedication today, but she sure feels lousy now. Her bones are sore, but she's primarily suffering from the anaesthesia right now. I'm thinking that she'll have a very welcome sleep tonight. She's working on it at the Ronald McDonald House with Nathan right now. The doctor said her marrow was very cell rich, and her bones rock hard. "Does she drink a lot of milk?" Why yes, still lives on the stuff!

My mom is hanging with us--we're all working on our Wee Wonderfuls stitchette embroideries. Marian is doing the peppermint fairy's penguin pal, Grandma Donna the acorn fairy's owl buddy, and I'm stitching a blue dress on Georgia Grows, in honor of blue day (our friend Shannon said there was so much blue at the girls' school today ("wear your superstar shirts or something blue today") that she felt like she was in the ocean). Thank you, Hillary! (Marian received a care package from the crafting rock star herself that we still haven't posted on...).

More when there is more to tell!


Misplaced Country Girl said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I've been praying for your family and worrying about the girls. I'll keep praying and keep you in my thoughts. Stay strong.

nyjlm said...

I hope that Audrey is feeling more comfortable today, and that Marian's part of the procedure went swimmingly well.

And Marian, you are too cool to get a package from Wee Wonderfuls! Can't wait to see photos of your embroidery.