Sunday, April 27, 2008

something sweet I got out of bed to add...

When I got back from my sleepover with Audrey & Mom around 10:30 this morning, Marian was resting in bed and I was missing my girl. I immediately (well, after handwashing, of course) draped myself across the bed and snuggled up, resting my face against her shoulder. She wrapped her other little arm (the tube-free one) around me and we said the nice "I missed you" things, and then I asked, "Tell me a story." She hadn't been feeling very active, and frankly didn't look that hot, so imagine my delight when she complied, launching into a fairly long narrative about my favorite animal: "Once upon a time, there was a little hedgie who lived in a safe barn..." The story continued, seeing the brave rescue of baby hedgie from the forest by his "brave Dad Hedge", who killed 7 scary bears with "just one claw" to bring his baby hedgie safe back to their barn. I got delicious details, like "his prickles were soft and nice to pet, not owie pokie ones". I'll be pulling for her to write & illustrate it in one of the little sewn booklets that I had my mom make for us just before we left. If I'm successful, you may be so lucky as to see it soon...

7 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

That's the sweetest thing. You'll be telling that one to her little babies years from now.

Snippety Gibbet said...

Bless your heart, Valerie. I just can't begin to imagine what seeing your baby so sick must do to you. I continue to keep you all in my prayers and thoughts. jan

vimahi said...

I don't see my past comments anywhere on your blog.

We wait for updates and pray always for you - - -

Hope you saw our pictures. The superstar in Eagle Mountain

nyjlm said...

what a lovely hedgie story.

Make sure to take care of yourself, mama. Hugs to all of you.

The Seals said...

That must have been a precious moment for the two of you. You are such a special family and a beautiful role model for all of us.

Elise and Lane said...

We miss you guys and think of you all the time! I'm hoping to get to come out and visit with Amy and Holly soon! Glad to hear things are going as planned! Danelle says hi!

Anonymous said...

Hope all is going well for both of you. You are in our prayers daily. Mailed a box today hope in like the what is inside. Let me know when you can have vistors.